Check out these resources that provide the facts you need on topics that you want to know about. Presented here is some of the most relevant and commonly requested information about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA ) for employers, employees, people with disabilities, and anyone else who is interested in learning more about the ADA.
Most fact sheets are available in Microsoft Word (DOC) and Adobe PDF formats. Feel free to print and share the fact sheets with others who may find their contents helpful. Please let us know of other topics that would be beneficial to you. Please contact us if you would like a fact sheet in an alternative format; we would be happy to do our best to provide this accommodation.
Fact Sheets Available from the Northwest ADA Center
- Wheelchairs and Other Power-Driven Mobility Devices (PDF) (DOC)
- Parking for People with Disabilities in Washington State (PDF) (DOC)
- Reasonable Accommodation Process Guide for Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors (PDF) (DOC)
- Accessible Parking as an Employment Accommodation: A Practical Guide for Employers (PDF) (DOC)
- Conducting a Reasonable Accommodation Interview (PDF) (DOC)
- Enhance Customer Service and Employee Productivity and Decrease Your Taxes in the Process! (PDF) (DOC)
- Service Animals: Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) (DOC)
- Service Animals as an Employment Accommodation (PDF) (DOC)
- Respectful Interactions: Disability Language and Etiquette (PDF) (DOC) NEW!
- Disability Language and Etiquette: Medical Facilities (PDF) (DOC) NEW!
- Accessible-ize Your Website (PDF) (DOC)
- Job Coaches as an Employment Accommodation (PDF) (DOC)
- Accessibility for People with Disabilities at Hotels and Places of Lodging (PDF) (DOC) UPDATED!
- Accessibility at State Fairs and Public Festivals (PDF) (DOC)
- Disability-Related Inquiries and Medical Exams (PDF) (DOC)
- Reasonable Accommodations in the Workplace (PDF) (DOC)
- Universal Design in the Workplace (PDF) (DOC) UPDATED!
- Northwest ADA Center Accessibility Checklist – February 2014 Edition (PDF) UPDATED!
- Emergency Preparedness (2008) (PDF)
Employer Guide to Assistive Technology
ATLA Assistive Technology of Alaska (PDF-5MB)
Fact Sheets Available Soon from the Northwest ADA Center
- How to Prepare for an Access Survey
Fact Sheets Available from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Questions and Answers about Blindness in the Workplace
Questions and Answers about Deafness in the Workplace
Questions and Answers about Cancer in the Workplace
Questions and Answers about Diabetes in the Workplace
Questions and Answers about Epilepsy in the Workplace
Questions and Answers about Persons with Intellectual Disabilities in the Workplace
Questions and Answers about Health Care Workers and the ADA
Facts about Federal Sector Equal Employment Opportunity Complaint Processing Regulations
A Guide for Restaurants and Food Service Employees
Drafting and Implementing Reasonable Accommodation Procedure
Reasonable Accommodations for Attorneys with Disabilities
Fact Sheets Available from the ADA National Network
- ADA Quick Tips - Sign Language Interpreters (HTML) (PDF) NEW!
- ADA Quick Tips - Tax Incentives (HTML) (PDF) NEW!
- Adjusting Doors for Access (HTML) (PDF)
- Accessible Lodging (HTML) (PDF)
- Accessible Parking (HTML) (PDF)
- An Employee View of the Changes from the ADA Amendments Act (HTML) (PDF)
- An Employer View of the Changes from the ADA Amendments Act (HTML) (PDF)
- Correctional Facilities (HTML) (PDF)
- Customer Service (HTML) (PDF)
- Effective Communication (HTML) (PDF)
- Exams and Courses (HTML) (PDF)
- Food Service: Accommodating Diners with Disabilities (HTML) (PDF) NEW!
- New Rules: Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (HTML) (PDF)
- Opening Doors to Everyone (HTML) (PDF)
- Overview of the 2010 Standards for Accessible Design (HTML) (PDF)
- Overview of Revised Regulations (HTML) (PDF) NEW!
- Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act New Rules: Fact Sheet (HTML) (PDF)
- Service Animals (HTML) (PDF)
- Sources for Employment and Disability Data (HTML) (PDF)
- Ten Tips for Employers: Tapping into the Talents of Veterans with Disabilities (HTML) (PDF)
- Ten Tips for Families: Support a Veteran with a Disability Returning to Work (HTML) (PDF)
- Ticketing (HTML) (PDF)
- Understanding Disability Statistics (HTML) (PDF)
- Wheelchairs and Other Power-Driven Mobility Devices (HTML) (PDF)
- You Have a Lot to Offer: Ten Points for Veterans to Consider When Returning to Work with a Disability (HTML) (PDF)
- Disability Law Handbook (HTML) (PDF)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act: Frequently Asked Questions [2013 ADA FAQ Booklet] (HTML) (PDF)
Fact Sheets Available from the Dept. of Justice (DOJ) (www.ada.gov)
Revised ADA Requirements
- Effective Communication (PDF) (HTM)
- Wheelchairs, Mobility Aids, and Other Power-Driven Mobility Devices (PDF) (HTM)
- Accessible Pools Means of Entry and Exit (PDF) (HTM)
- Ticket Sales (PDF) (HTM)
- Service Animals (PDF) (HTM)
Technical Assistance Publications